MIDIcat is an easy to use catalog of music files in MIDI and Karaoke format. Automatically scans your drives for supported files
detecting title, artist and other information with various algorithms.
- Automatically scans your drives for supported files.
- Detects title, artist and other information with various algorithms.
- Extracts other information, like lyrics, language, genre, copyright.
- Saves information to database file or exports to Microsoft Access and
- Quickly searches database by any field.
- Finds and deletes duplicated files (includes support for deleting in
- Prints sorted list of files including selected information.
- Prints lyrics for selected files (extracted from files if available).
- Edits file's properties and saves changes to the database.
- Automatically updates the database by scanning drive for new files
(also detects moved and renamed files).
- Plays selected files using your favorite or it's internal midi player.
- Allows file operations including copy, move, delete.
- Has multi-rename tool based on file information like title and artist.
- Supports user defined tools which can take file name or full path as a
- Supports full GUI customization
- Multilanguage user interface
Note: MIDIcat doesn't make any changes to MIDI files. All information is stored in it's database.
- Microsoft Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Pentium 100 MHz or compatible
- RAM: 32 MB (for Windows 95/98/Me), 64 MB (for Windows NT/2000/XP), 128 MB (for Windows 7/8/10 32-bit), 256 MB (for Windows 7/8/10 64-bit)
- Disk space: 4 MB
- For loading and saving database:
MDAC 2.5 or later with Jet (built into Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10)
Note: MDAC 2.6 and later doesn't contain Jet engine, so if you've installed this
version you will have to download Jet as well.
Users of Windows 95/98 may need to update MFC library
if the program doesn't start.
Last update: 13.09.2016